- 50+ Igniting a Revolution to Reinvent America–Bill Novelli
- Don’t Retire, REWIRE! — Jan Sedlar & Rick Miners
- Prime Time — Marc Freedman
In 50+ Igniting a Revolution to Reinvent America, AARP CEO Bill Novelli “challenges the largest retirement-age generation in US history to come together and grasp the unique opportunity that faces them to transform society, dramatically and for the better.” Novelli envisions the improvements this group can bring to the quality of their own lives and the lives of their families, and the nation by seizing the opportunities that spring from the increased longevity and aging of boomers. Novelli says Boomers in a new retirement community have the opportunities:
- To transform health care by taking better care of themselves and their families and to improve health care for everyone
- To reinvent retirement by making Social Security solvent and create real retirement income security
- To revolutionize the workplace so people who want or need to continue working can do so in a way that benefits both employees and employers
- To build livable new retirement communities by improving housing and transportation so people can live independently longer
- To change the marketplace so people will have innovative products and services that add value to their lives and their new retirement community
- To engage people in working for causes that will improve the lives of others, their new retirement communities, and the country
- To leave a lasting legacy by leaving the world a better place than they found it and giving back more than they take, especially helping those less fortunate than themselves outside of their Florida Retirement Communities
- Novelli predicts that if we come together in the spirit of serving others and discover the possibilities that lie within all of us, we can create a new reality and make America better not just for ourselves, but for all generations to come.
Book clubs and discussion groups in New Retirement Communities are also reading Don’t Retire, REWIRE! Jeri Sedlar and Rick Miners say “working after retirement is one of the fastest growing trends in the American workplace. You may just be part of that majority—but the last thing you want to do is the same work you’ve been doing all your life. In a word, you’re looking to REWIRE—to channel your energy and experience into work situations that are both financially and personally rewarding—whether it’s a part-time job, volunteer work, or a second career. Don’t Retire, REWIRE! helps you determine what kind of work suits your interests and then guides you through the process of finding a position with the hours, challenges, and rewards you want.”
Marc Freedman’s popular new book entitled, Prime Time: How Baby Boomers Will Revolutionize Retirement and Transform America, is also a must read for those in New Retirement Communities who are looking for the “Boomer Edge.” This “inspiring, informative, mind opening book (New York Times) provides a new vision on aging, retirement, and the role of older Americans in the 21st Century and their new retirement community. Freedman says that “over the next three decades, the number of Americans over fifty will double, and live about 30 years longer. He identifies this longevity as not a problem to be solved but an opportunity to be seized.”
While the three books differ greatly, they all have one resounding theme: Boomers in today’s New Retirement Communities have unprecedented options, opportunities and purpose in their lives.
Rewire at Lake Ashton…Your New Retirement Community!